HARDBOARD PLACEMAT. LINEN TOILE FABRIC
- Stiff board made of compressed and treated wood pulp
- A substance manufactured by pressing wood fibers into sheet goods to be used as building material.
- chipboard: a cheap hard material made from wood chips that are pressed together and bound with synthetic resin
- Hardboard, also called high-density fiberboard, not to be confused with Hardwood, is a type of fiberboard, which is an engineered wood product.
- A placemat is a protective table pad usually made of paper, plastic or cloth for restaurants and households. Asian-style placemats may feature thin slats of bamboo or colourful beads. The term is derived from the mat being put at a person's "place" (chair) at a table.
hardboard placemat – African Safari
African Safari Elephant Hardboard/Cork Back Placemat
Nothing captures the magesty of the African desert like the magnificent animals that roam the Safari with beauty and grace. Besides the artistry which captures this wonderment, this Sultan’s Linens edition adopts the unrivalled pimpernel layering system to protect your surfaces from heat exposure to 212 F (100 C). Designed for everyday living, these placemats are resistant to normal household stains and withstands temperatures up to the boiling point of water. Clean with a damp sponge and dry with a soft cloth. They are constructed from hardboard, cork backed and finished with a unique lacquer, producing a smooth silky texture for complete functional as well as aesthetic satisfaction. Do NOT immerse in water or put in a dishwasher, and DO NOT place cookware taken directly from the oven onto the placemats
Vermont Harvest Placemat Design
This is a new design available at colorbakery.com. Called "Vermont Harvest", we are featuring it on table settings like placemats and matching napkins. However, all designs are available for custom printing on all our products–from glass to ceramic to fabric to canvas, paper and hardboard. I actually created this piece for my own Thanksgiving table, and liked it enough to offer it to our customers 😉
There was originally a very large hole in the base for ventilation but it was in a bad place for mouting drives and a PSU. I have lined it with 3mm hardboard to regulate ventilation and allow for easier mounting.